Freeform Actions Edit
- Buildings: For actions you come up with yourself, you have +(Influence level) dice for all rolls pertinent to having said action performed through the staff of museums, galleries, private clubs, luxury shops, boutiques, theaters and legal entertainment venues.
- People: For actions you come up with yourself, you have +(Influence level) dice for all social rolls against socialites and professionals unless you are attempting to intimidate someone who is more influential than you are. As a general rule (at ST discretion):
- Influence 1: Fame 1, Local, small business owner (ex.: dive bar manager, owner of a small boutique)
- Influence 2: Fame 2, franchise location manager or mid-size business owner (Ex.: a generic nightclub, a theater).
- Influence 3: Fame 3, owner of a business with good city-wide reputation
- Influence 4: Fame 4, owner of a business aimed towards the elite.
- Influence 5: Fame 5, owner of an elite business known as a tourist attraction.
Action Chart Edit
|Action Level||Action Description||Mechanic|
|1||Weed through the gossip circles for info on people||-1 difficulty to investigation, research, and streetwise rolls pertinent to the context.|
|2||Get a cut from resold or overstocked inventory||Get $500|
|2||Book a location (that you can afford) at the last minute||Attempts to look into your actions taken that night are at +2 difficulty. Targeted NPCs will miss it. Limited by your Resources score.|
|3||Yoink items of value (artpieces, equipment, mcguffins) by changing up current inventory records||
-2 DC to rolls involved in the stealing of an object, then if you can get away with the heist, then you have also bombed the rolls made to find out what happened with a +2 DC.
|3||Siphon idle cash from rich and famous fellow socialites||Get $1,000|
|3||Wield the gossip network to strategically uncover specific info||-2 difficulty on streetwise, research, and investigation rolls against a target|
|4||Distract individuals in a targeted location by hosting a major event||
Have a street festival, a benefit concert, etc. so that information-gathering rolls about actions it was designed to cover (in that area) are at +2 difficulty due to distracted people.
|4||Book a location with someone else's budget at the last minute||Attempts to look into your actions taken that night are at +2 difficulty, Targeted NPCs will miss it.|
|4||Profit off of a fund raiser, a benefit, an auction, etc.||Get $5,000|
|4||Have items of value delivered to your door.||Obtain a plot device/ mcguffin of significant value by just having to pay for it, or else by convincing someone else to give it to you with 3 successes on a Manipulation + [ST's Choice] + Influence roll.|
|5||Steal items of value outright by falsifying inventory records and archives||-2 DC to rolls involved in the stealing of an object, so if you can get away with the heist, then you have also thwarted all attempts at tracing where it went!|
|5||Book a location on top of someone else's event or get it canceled or postponed||Halt or impact an event (NPC, plot related: don't use this against PRPs), redirecting a scene.|
|5||Develop a reputation for an ally through pushing contacts and articles into press releases and papers||Help someone obtain Alternate ID: 4 so they can pose as a professional.|
|5||Leverage your reputation and gossip against others to "inspire" them to your favor||Stack this with an Influence action to double its mechanical effects; minimum new DC is 4, maximum additional dice is 5.|
|5||Make or break a promising career||Instigate a promotion or demotion of an NPC or contest a player in an ST-designated roll (depending on the method) to knock their Influence or Fame up or down by 1; failure negatively impacts your influence by 1, a botch by two.|